Say Goodbye to Stairs and Knee Pain Forever
If that's not reason enough to make your move into a bungalow, here are a few more compelling reasons for the switch:
- You don't have to worry about kids and grand children falling down the stairs, and it's a lot easier to keep an eye on them as they play and get into trouble. Isn't that peace of mind worth it alone?
- You are more likely to find an open concept design and more flexible design overall in a single story bungalow or ranch style home
- Your maintenance costs are significantly lower
- It will cost you a lot less and it's easier on your air conditioner and furnace to cool your home in the summer and heat it in the winter without any wild temperature differences between the main floor and other levels of a similar sized two or multi-level home
- It's structurally easier to add outdoor spaces like sun-rooms, decks and the like to a single story home than a multi-level home
- Easier on ankles, knees, and hips if you never really have to climb stairs again (I thought I'd mention that again)
- More efficient use of space because there are no stairs taking up any room
- Allows for higher ceilings and vaulted ceilings for much more dramatic and impressive living spaces
- If you hate cleaning, guess what? Bungalows are easier to clean too
- No sound of foot steps coming from the level above, unless someone is in the attic, in which case, it's easier for you to make a quick escape and call the police
- Speaking of escaping... what if there's a fire? Imagine how much better you'll feel knowing that everyone can get out much faster before the fire truck arrives, and you don't have to break any bones jumping out from a second story window.
- Hate the layout after a while? It's much easier to completely renovate a bungalow and even move walls because there is nothing but the roof to support above
- Bungalows can have a more dramatic visual curb appeal with more character
- Everybody loves bungalows, so when it's time to sell, you will be able to sell it quicker, easier and possibly for a good chunk of money more than a similarly sized two story home.
Don't Wait Any Longer!
Get Your List Of The Best
Bungalow Style Homes
Currently Available For Sale!
Your knees will thank you for it.